I found this recipe thanks to @cleaneatsbytay and boy oh boy was this a good one. The first time I made them at home and froze them to take to my parents' house for Christmas. I made another batch at their house a few days later and I'm just trying to keep myself from eating the entire tray. They are so soft and pillowy and I think I could lay my head on these and fall asleep. Dead. Read below for the recipe!
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butta
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons nut milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flax meal + 2.5 tablespoons water
1. Preheat oven to 325. Make the flax egg and move aside so it sets.
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, add the flax egg, and stir that bad boy.
3. Spray a large cookie sheet. Create golf ball size pieces of dough and lay on the sheet. Flatten them a bit with your hands.
4. Leave in oven for 10 minutes - they will be super gooey but transfer them to a cooling rack so they cool/harden a bit.
5. Sprinkle more cinnamon and coconut sugar on top for that added bang. ENJOYYYY!