It’s fall/winter (ugh) so naturally the only thing you’re seeing these days is pumpkin, pumpkin, and more pumpkin to feed our inner basic white girl. Why not start off your morning with the most creamy, dreamy, loaded pumpkin oatmeal?!?
- ½ cup of oats
- ½ a banana, mashed
- 1 cup of plant milk of your choice
- ¼ cup of unsweetened canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- Dash of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 date, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of maca/chaga/cordyceps/any other kind of protein or medicinal ‘shrooms you want in there!
- Pumpkin seeds, almond butter, dried cranberries, goji berries, cocoa nibs, nuts, agave nectar or anything that you want to garnish that bad boy
1. Pour the oats and milk into a small pot over a medium-high heat for a couple minutes.
2. Once it’s heating up, turn down to a medium heat and add the mashed banana, pumpkin, all of the spices, protein and chopped date.
3. You’ll know it’s ready to go when it starts to boil a bit on the top – try not to let it heat for too long or else it will stick to the bottom of the pot.
4. Pour into a bowl and add all the extras you want. I used almond butter, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries. Get as fancy as you want! Boom.