If you're like me, any time there's mac n cheese at a family or friends get together, I want to face-plant into that platter of creamy goodness and eat it all to myself. HOWEVER there are so many other alternatives to avoid dairy in this popular cheat day dish that tastes just as good! Here's my version of mac n cheese (SANS CHEESE!)
- 2 cups of your fave pasta - I use all of Trader Joe's chickpea pasta options (all GF!)
- 1 cup of soaked cashews
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons of water (use a little more if you want the sauce to be a bit more runny)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Pepper flakes (if you want to add some $P!c3)
- Dash of paprika (optional)
1. Boil the pasta
2. Drain the soaked cashews and throw them in the blender with all other ingredients. Remember to add a little more/less water depending on the consistency that you want.
3. Pour over the pasta and PRESTO - never feel deprived at a Super Bowl party anymore!