I've been making smoothie bowls for years - usually by blending your typical banana, frozen berries or mango, and acai powder. However I've recently cut out bananas for the most part just to lower the sugar content in my breakfasts. Now I'm replacing with sweet potato! It may sound weird, but omg it comes out amazing and so smooth. And it keeps my constant craving for french fries to a minimum...win win. Read below for the contents of this bowl above!
- 3/4-1 cup of roasted or steamed sweet potato (I always buy a few from the store, roast them, and save in the fridge for up to a week)
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 1 teaspoon of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon maca
- Splash of any kind of nut milk
- Add any toppings you want - whatever I have stocked is what I add! In the photo I have fresh blackberries, a teaspoon of chia seeds, a teaspoon of ground flax meal, a teaspoon of hemp seeds, and a teaspoon of raw pumpkin seeds
1. Blend everything!!! Add more or less milk while blending depending on the consistency you want. Definitely use it for sure - if you don't, the smoothie will come out super cakey and thick...not really a smoothie
2. Add your toppings and boooom!