Dang yall - talk about ~eating your veggies~ in style! I chopped up a ton of fresh vegetables and made up this dressing recipe on the spot just by doing trial and error and adding more/less ingredients to the sauce until it tasted just right. It turned out amazing IMO! My go-to meal prepping for a busy week ahead usually involves just buying fresh produce at the store, cutting it all up, throwing some seasoning on top and then roasting. I wanted to get a little #fancy today and I also had some miso that I want to use up...so why not incorporate it?? Scroll for the recipe!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar (the one that I use is sodium, sugar, and gluten free!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of miso
- 1" fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (add more if you want it sweeter)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped garlic or garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- Dash of red pepper flakes for that spice! (optional)
- Whatever fresh vegetables you want to roast for the week. Today I use a large zucchini, 2 yellow squashes, butternut squash, brussels sprouts, chopped carrots, chopped cherry tomatoes, red pepper, mushrooms, chopped yellow onion, and organic 3 grain tempeh
1. Preheat oven to 350 and blend the ginger miso sauce ingredients above except for the sesame seeds. Add more or less maple syrup/peanut butter/red pepper flakes depending on your preference in taste for the ~vibe~ you want.
2. Pour over your roasted veggies and mix evenly. Spread everything on to a baking sheet and sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
3. Roast for 20-25 minutes, intermittently flipping the veggies throughout to make sure they bake evenly.
The sauce measurements make quite a bit of the dressing and it's definitely easy to save it in the fridge to use throughout the week. I can get about 3-4 meals out of the huge roasts I do - I also always add some kind of protein or carb to the roasted vegetables so I don't starve immiedately after eating. I'll usually do quinoa, brown rice, chickpea pasta, or garbanzo beans and mix it all together for lunch.